General Secretary Job opening
The Fellowship of Christian Students in Israel is seeking a General Secretary
The Fellowship of Christian Students in Israel (FCSI) exists to serve and strengthen the believing students in Israel, and to encourage them in bringing the gospel to their campuses. The General Secretary of the organization manages the regular activities of the organization, in conjunction with the Advisory Board of the Amuta. The FCSI has been working in Israel over 30 years among both Jewish and Arab believers, with staff workers and volunteers from both sectors.
To further the vision and goals of the organization, and to direct its regular ministry activities
Manage the FCSI staff
Report to the Advisory Board on the organization’s activities
Provide support and assistance to the Student Committees
Communicate with, and provide support and assistance to the student groups on the various campuses
Work with the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES)
Build connections with local congregations
Manage the office and finances
Raise financial support
Develop electronic communications
1. An active member in a local congregation and mature in the faith
2. A visionary person, with foresight and commitment to the long term
3. A desire to serve and unite believers from different backgrounds
4. A leader and initiator, who can manage, cultivate, and train those under him
5. Outstanding interpersonal communication and teamwork ability
6. Proficient Hebrew and English language abilities. Knowledge of Arabic – preferred
7. High organizational skills, including the ability to track things on different levels simultaneously
8. Computer proficiency (Windows, Office)
9. An academic background (at minimum a bachelor’s degree)
10. Involvement in the FCSI or other student ministries – preferred
11. Experience in development of connections with other organizations in Israel and internationally – preferred
12. Experience in marketing and donor development – preferred
13. Driver’s license – preferred
This is a full-time position (compensated according to FCSI salary table), and is open to both men and women. Anyone who meets the above requirements is encouraged to apply, including current and past FCSI staff members.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, including the email addresses and telephone numbers of at least two references, to our email firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 15 April, 2018. No resume will be accepted without references.
Suitable candidates will be scheduled for an interview.